cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I work for an organisation that has a domain setup that sounds slightly different to most. We have one domain but each department has its own OU within that domain. None of the OU admins have domain administrator privileges but they all have full admin privileges on their own OU. The reason for this setup is that it's a research-heavy university and a lot of the departments have very different needs so need the flexibility to setup their OUs to suit them.

I've tested the freeware version of Lansweeper and it happily scans and reports on my OU. I'd like to upgrade to the premium version since the Remote Control feature looks particularly interesting.

What I'd like to know is:

1. If I purchase the premium version, I understand that the licence will cover all the clients in the organisation. Does it allow us to have multiple servers, since it would be necessary with our setup for each department to have its own Lansweeper server, or would we need a different licence for each server?

2. If the answer to the previous question is yes, are we likely to run into any problems with activation on multiple servers? There are about 90 departments, though I'd honestly expect less than 10 to use the software (at least initially); is the software going to complain that it thinks we're ripping it off if 90 servers are all installed on the first day?

Cheers,
Sean.
3 REPLIES 3
chrishayward
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I would like some further information on this. If I have multiple LAN Sweeper servers, can they use the same database?

I want three LAN Sweeper servers all reporting into the same SQL Database. Is this possible?

Thanks
chrishayward wrote:

I want three LAN Sweeper servers all reporting into the same SQL Database. Is this possible?

Yes, but if you use active scanning they will "share" the same configuration.

In the next version you can create a seperate config for each scanning server.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) Yes, as long as they are all from the same company it's ok.
2) No