→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yzeng
Engaged Sweeper II

Is there any way I can create a new asset using the Lansweeper API? I read the API documentation, and it offers edit and delete assets, I didn't find any API for creating a new one.

5 REPLIES 5
yzeng
Engaged Sweeper II

😀

Vicente_SC
Product Team
Product Team

Creating assets through the API is not possible today; however, we are already planning to add that capability.

Can I ask how you would use that feature? Which type of assets you would like to create?

yzeng
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for the information regarding the future capability of creating assets through the API. I appreciate the ongoing efforts to enhance the API functionality.

To answer your question, I would use the feature to automate the inventory process within our organization. Specifically, I have designed a website for our shipping team where they can scan barcodes of assets. Once scanned, the asset details would be automatically created and updated in Lansweeper. This automation would significantly streamline our inventory management, reducing manual data entry and minimizing errors. Most of our assets are Windows-based systems, so this functionality would be incredibly beneficial.

Could you please provide an estimated timeline for when the API will support asset creation? Knowing this would help us plan our development and integration efforts accordingly.

Thanks, @yzeng, for your reply and for sharing your use case. It is a very interesting one. I guess those assets would be offline assets, not reachable by the scanner, right? Unfortunately, I can't share any concrete dates for the asset creation through API, but requests like yours can help us raise the priority.

On the other hand, we are also working on a new feature to facilitate the integrations and automations within Lansweeper. It could maybe help you with your development; I would be happy to share more details with you during a short call if you are available. If you contact me (vicente.soriano@lansweeper.com), I will schedule a call to share our plans.

yzeng
Engaged Sweeper II

I sent you an email, please check, thx!