cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
We have recently started using the software deployment with great results. (I wish the final deployment log message text could be configured within the package so that failures are a little bit more clear but ... )

What made the software deployment work for us was the IP Ranges and Package Share/User configurations. The small issue that I found was once an IP Range is configured with a package share and user/password, only the sharename can be removed, not the user/password. Lansweeper still insists on the user/password. "Error while saving. Data must be at least 1 character in length". It seems that user/password should be able to be removed once the sharename is. ???

I have not had a chance to test it but I would assume that an IP Range with only a user/password entry would utilize the default package sharename and IP Range user/password entry, not the default user/password.

Small issue but a bit of a maintenance headache.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We will forward this to our development. Indeed in Lansweeper 6.0 the issue does not exist. However, in version 5.3 it is enough to delete the package share path and username. Package share credentials will only be used if a package share is filled in on the same IP location.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We will forward this to our development. Indeed in Lansweeper 6.0 the issue does not exist. However, in version 5.3 it is enough to delete the package share path and username. Package share credentials will only be used if a package share is filled in on the same IP location.
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
I have noticed this seems to be fixed in the 6.0 beta!