cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ao
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I am new to this LanSweeper software and been playing around it. I am encountering a situation where the device (server) is not accessible if I try to scan it. I will unable to ping or remote to that server over a certain period of time once I started the scan.

Anyone else encounter such problem? Kindly advise
1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
It may be the case that an anti-virus program or firewall is interfering in the scanning of the server.

Some tips:
  • Make sure the server meets the scanning requirements, which vary based on asset type. The Windows scanning requirements can be found here. Scanning requirements for other device types can be found on our knowledge base.
  • There are 2 tools available with which you can troubleshoot scanning connections. Testconnection.exe for Windows assets and devicetester.exe for non-Windows assets. Both can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server. When running this test make sure to run it directly from your Lansweeper server and to use the same credentials you've entered under Scanning\Scanning Credentials.

If you need assistance with scanning issues feel free to email us at support@lansweeper.com with the following information:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • A screenshot of the asset page of the asset in question showing the Summary and Errors tab, also include the Scan Time tab if it's a Windows asset.
  • The full output of testconnection.exe or devicetester.exe