cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederick
Engaged Sweeper II
I have an area that has multiple users. Call it "Main Office." I want to create this area as a new user so that when I select it, it shows all the tickets that have been created for this area. How do I go about getting around the email requirement? Obviously this area, isn't going to have an email associated with it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Helpdesk users are required to have an e-mail because when a user creates a ticket and an agent replies, it needs an e-mail to send the reply to. Outgoing e-mail templates also use the e-mail address linked to a user to send out automatic replies.

However, it is possible to have helpdesk users without an email address. You can import users without an email field by using the import template which you can find in Configuration\User Access & Roles at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively you can create AD users without an e-mail filled in and rescan you AD users. However, do note that users without an e-mail address will generate errors when the system tries to send out e-mails to them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Helpdesk users are required to have an e-mail because when a user creates a ticket and an agent replies, it needs an e-mail to send the reply to. Outgoing e-mail templates also use the e-mail address linked to a user to send out automatic replies.

However, it is possible to have helpdesk users without an email address. You can import users without an email field by using the import template which you can find in Configuration\User Access & Roles at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively you can create AD users without an e-mail filled in and rescan you AD users. However, do note that users without an e-mail address will generate errors when the system tries to send out e-mails to them.