→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmarlow
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey everyone this could be a really noob question but I have had trouble setting up the email notifications through our email server. The SMTP and ports have been successfully put in place and the test goes through as successful. I tried using the default from address and using my own as well. With everything set up and in place I still have yet to get an email, I am probably missing a very important step in the process that the instructions have not given to me. I have my test recipient emails all in the group as well and everything looks like it should be good to go. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The first thing I would recommend is:
  • Verifying whether your reports have results. Empty reports are not mailed.
  • If you haven't already, updating to the latest Lansweeper release by following these instructions. We did fix some email bugs in previous releases.

If the issue persists, I would recommend putting your Lansweeper service in debug mode by following these instructions, waiting for another alert and then forwarding the following information to support@lansweeper.com for troubleshooting purposes:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the *entire* Configuration\Email Alerts page.
  • Excel export of the report results of one of the reports you set up an alert for.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The first thing I would recommend is:
  • Verifying whether your reports have results. Empty reports are not mailed.
  • If you haven't already, updating to the latest Lansweeper release by following these instructions. We did fix some email bugs in previous releases.

If the issue persists, I would recommend putting your Lansweeper service in debug mode by following these instructions, waiting for another alert and then forwarding the following information to support@lansweeper.com for troubleshooting purposes:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the *entire* Configuration\Email Alerts page.
  • Excel export of the report results of one of the reports you set up an alert for.