cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali-alhammadi
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi everyone,

After I upgraded my Lansweeper server to v. 11.1.0.11, I'm getting ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS and it redirects to myserver.mydomain/Default.aspx after entering my credentials.

If I change it to myserver.mydomain/Assets.aspx for example, it works fine. 

This is happening to most users in my organization but not all. I hope someone can help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
rcamron
Engaged Sweeper II

I still haven't heard back from support yet but have been doing testing and in our environment we were able to fix the issue by turning shared dashboards off. This is not indeal as then each person needs to create their own dashboard outside of the system defaults but it at least allows my staff to work while support investigates.

Thanks

View solution in original post

rcamron
Engaged Sweeper II

Whoever the owner/creator of the shared dashboard has to be the one to turn off the sharing of the dashboard. That individual will go to the dashboard section and click to edit the main dashboard (typically first one in the list) and uncheck the box for shared tab:

rcamron_0-1697804590265.png

For users having problems accessing the site (until this is done) we had them navigate to assets.aspx rather than default.aspx. Once they are in they can hover over the dashboard section and choose another dashboard to via that isn't shared. We also learned that as long as the shared dashboard isn't the first one in your dashboard list then the default.aspx works and doesn't give the error of too many redirects.

rcamron_1-1697804764698.png

stahly88
Engaged Sweeper

Just applied the new update and verified lansweeper is working like how it did before. thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
Jbl0
Engaged Sweeper

We experienced the same issue and found the same workaround resolved the issue. A further note: I had created all of our shared dashboards and I did NOT experience the “too many redirects” issue, but all other users did. As a further test, I cloned my Active Directory account and that user account also experienced “too many redirects” until I unshared the dashboards with my account that had created them. 

rogalskij
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you for this workaround!  This helped us greatly, by using the format: "lansweeperurl/assets.aspx" we were able to get back into our system and navigate for the time being.  At least we can see and make changes to the system as needed while we wait on a ticket.  Thanks again! 

stahly88
Engaged Sweeper

we heard back from support on this matter, they said they are aware of this issue but no ETA on a fix

rcamron
Engaged Sweeper II

I still haven't heard back from support yet but have been doing testing and in our environment we were able to fix the issue by turning shared dashboards off. This is not indeal as then each person needs to create their own dashboard outside of the system defaults but it at least allows my staff to work while support investigates.

Thanks

RonnyK
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, thanks for your solution. Could you tell me how you made the settings without going to the website? I would be very grateful for an answer! Regards

rcamron
Engaged Sweeper II

Whoever the owner/creator of the shared dashboard has to be the one to turn off the sharing of the dashboard. That individual will go to the dashboard section and click to edit the main dashboard (typically first one in the list) and uncheck the box for shared tab:

rcamron_0-1697804590265.png

For users having problems accessing the site (until this is done) we had them navigate to assets.aspx rather than default.aspx. Once they are in they can hover over the dashboard section and choose another dashboard to via that isn't shared. We also learned that as long as the shared dashboard isn't the first one in your dashboard list then the default.aspx works and doesn't give the error of too many redirects.

rcamron_1-1697804764698.png

RonnyK
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you very much for your support. It worked!

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi there, 

We have just made a new Lansweeper version available (Version 11.1.1.3 ) and this issue should be fixed.
Update Lansweeper - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

ali-alhammadi
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you and the Lansweeper team from the prompt fix.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now