cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsalvaggio
Engaged Sweeper
We updated a majority of our AD users yesterday so their Department and Job Title would be correct... Trying to see that in Lansweeper and not getting those changes... Is there a way to force an update?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This information is scanned when the scanning of the computer is triggered with this user logged on.
There is no way to refresh all the users that are not detected.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
Just an FYI what I have found with "problem Red" machines that are not being scanned even though the firewall has been turned completely off and there are no other known issues:

All I do is remove the problem machine from the domain (i.e. send it to a workgroup), delete the computer from Active Directory and then rejoin the problem machine once again to the domain.

Works like a champ then. Thus my suggestion to others would be if you have problem machines that aren't scanned by Lansweeper and you have tried each of the web site's trouble links, try performing the above sequence to see if it helps.

It helped me on several machines and now all 25 machines are being recognized by Lansweeper.
rkotvis
Engaged Sweeper
cjmusa wrote:
All I do is remove the problem machine from the domain (i.e. send it to a workgroup), delete the computer from Active Directory and then rejoin the problem machine once again to the domain.

That sounds like a rather tedious way to update the DNS records for these machines. And if the problem is caused by stale DNS records then it will probably surface again sooner or later. Configuring aging and scavenging properties (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786950(WS.10).aspx) on your DNS server may be a better solution...
Roelof Kotvis Bouwvereniging "Woningbelang" LinkedIn Profile
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
0x800700005 is caused by a firewall or dns problem.

Could you post the list of installed software on this client.
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
Same 0x800700005 error on the Lansweeper "error" screen.

Verified the scan date was after the Microsoft script applied.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
After this which error do you get on the client when you try to scan again?
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
I have applied the microsoft repair patch provided by the Lansweeper site.

I see the process start off. Looks like some things are a success, then some failures. Goes by too quickly to read.

Then falls to the Windows Manager Instrumentation Tester.

I believe it is trying to test IWBEN Services.

After closing this down cause I don't know what else to do, I see a bunch of lines execute, some work others fail.

So now what?
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
Of the 7 original "RED" computers - I have 3 with RPC errors and 2 with WMI errors. The 7th one went from RED to Green after turning off the Firewall. Nothing else was done to this 7th machine after turning off the fire wall.

As for the Ventura machine, (the one with the WMI report provided above), before turning off the Firewall on this machine I had:

WMIerror - Cannot connect to DCOM Port 135 - Firewalled? (Ventura2)
WMIerror - The RPC server is not available .....706BA

After turning off the firewall, I am down to:

WMIerror - Access denied ....00005. and the correct FQDN path is listed.
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
Of the 7 original Red machines, I now have 3 with RPC issues and 2 with WMI issues. One XP machine where I turned off the Firewall went from Red to Green on its own without any further steps taken.

The one Red Machine that I am focusing on now (the ventura machine) and whose WMI report is listed above had:

WMIERROR - Cannot connect to DCOM port 135 :Firewalled? (Ventura2)
WMIERROR - RPC ... 706BA.

Once I turned off the Ventura XP Firewall, I am down to: WMIERROR - Access deined .....0005 error

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Does your "red" computers have the access denied error or the RPC unavailable error?

The "repair wmi" script is just a .cmd file, you can open it with notepad to see what it does.