cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynn590
Engaged Sweeper II

I've noticed that in all the updates on Lansweeper, there hasn't been any news on the helpdesk. Currently, the Lansweeper Cloud site does not have the helpdesk found in the on-prem version. My org fully committed to Lansweeper because of its helpdesk, especially with how it integrates so well with AD user data and asset information.

If everything is going to be cloud based soon, will the helpdesk be ported over along with everything else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There are currently no plans to remove the helpdesk module from the Lansweeper on-prem installation.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
kloosterd
Engaged Sweeper

As was mentioned in the original post, there hasn't been any news on helpdesk in quite a while. Nothing in the changelogs, nothing from recent future release keynotes. 

I'm curious, what can we look forward to as far as improvements and new features with the helpdesk specifically? Where is Lansweeper prioritizing the helpdesk system? 

Lynn590
Engaged Sweeper II

I believe the priority is the development of the Lansweeper Cloud. Considering that the helpdesk is not going to be ported to the cloud, the on-prem helpdesk would be on a low priority.

What I worry about is the on-prem server eventually becoming nothing but a hub for scanning and all features and tools that were available on-prem just go away.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There are no plans to port the helpdesk to the Lansweeper cloud. We will evolve to provide integrations with other helpdesk systems. For an overview of all integrations, you can refer to this page: Lansweeper Integrates with your Tech Stack - Lansweeper Integrations

This isn't much help for smaller shops under 500 assets. These integrations are only for the "Updated/Bloated" pricing. My suggestion to smaller shops is to see the writing on the walls. 

Alright, thank you for the info. With the change in the role of the on-prem Lansweeper server to essentially be a hub of scanning data to go to the cloud, does this mean that features that have been available on the on-prem version will eventually go away in a future update? Like the on-prem helpdesk?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Our Lansweeper cloud platform is continuously expanding with new features to match what we currently have in Lansweeper on-prem, and there are no plans at this moment to change the role of the Lansweeper on-prem version. Features like the helpdesk and deployment module will be replaced on the cloud platform by integrations with products that focus on helpdesk and deployment development.

So are you saying that eventually the on-prem help desk will go away? If so is there a EOL date?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There are currently no plans to remove the helpdesk module from the Lansweeper on-prem installation.

Thank you, I'll accept this as the answer to my question. We would rather stick to the Lansweeper on-prem helpdesk because of its seamless integration with all our AD data and computer info. No other alternative helpdesk offers this at the price-point Lansweeper offers.

Our Azure App Proxy is good enough for allowing secure off-network access to the helpdesk and we would prefer to continue to use it for another year when our current license expires.