Hello, we are hoping to move our Helpdesk from SharePoint to Lansweeper in the near future as we realy love most aspects of it. Before we can do that though, we hope that you guys can incorporate a few minor features. Here they are...
Ability to switch users from within Lansweeper when using Integrated Windows Authentication. We have some workstations that use a generic automatic sign-on, so we need users to be able to log on and log off of Lansweeper using their domain credentials
Option to automatically assign the asset to the workstation the ticket is submitted from. 95% of the time, the asset is going to be the workstation the ticket is submitted from for our organization.
Ability to disable SLAs all together. I have deleted the SLA, but when closing the ticket the SLA box is still there.
Ability to disable the calendar functionality all together.
Ability to rename ticket subjects. We have a certain subject format that we require our users to submit tickets with and many times we need to rename them due to non-compliance.
In the knowledgebase, all categories always show up on the left side of the screen even if a user doesn't have access to the category. When they click on it nothing happens so they can't see the articles, but we do not want users knowing that certain kb categories even exist.
Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type.
7. Ability to automatically assign tickets based on Custom fields. For instance, if a certain checkbox is checked in a custom field, we want a certain agent to always get that ticket type. This would be a more advanced ticket routing option. Added to the wishlist.
I thought it can be done, but im very confused now...
Id like to be able to track parts such as Ram/SSD/keyboard mouse. To help monitor costs, we have a list of parts we keep in stock (RAM, SSD, Keyboard, mouse, power cables, etc) that we can 'issue' to a ticket. and then run reports on how much was spent on parts each month.
Also, a vendor contact list. So if we need to contact Dell support for example. We would reference our contact list, see how our direct contact is. reference email/phone/etc.
Also, based on what this thread says, im looking forward to coming major updates (6.1/6.2) but am a little disappointed to see its taking so long (over a year).
In many ways, this solution is much better than our current one.
Not sure if these have been reported or if I have picked the best topic to post this on but I have spotted a couple of bugs in the Knowledgebase.
Count Issue – In our Knowledgebase we have 28 categories in total but only 10 of them are visible to users. When logged in as a user and viewing the KB, the menu to the left of the screen listing all of the categories displays a count of 28. While this is technically correct, it would be ideal for users to see a count which only considers categories visible to them to avoid confusion.
Category Scroll Issue – on smaller screens whilst viewing the KB, there appears to be no option to scroll through the menu listing all categories in the menu on the left of the screen. When enough categories are added to the KB, ones towards the bottom end are cut off.
39. When an agent gets auto assigned from Default Agent column at Ticket Type settings, a new ticket of the type opened gets the status In Progress instead of open. This will probably not be changed. The standard state for an unassigned ticket is Open. If a ticket gets assigned (agent needs to start working on it) then the state goes to In Progress. Dispatching conditions might be improved on (6.1 or 6.2), giving you this possibility, but this is still a long way off.
40. Rules for custom fields: When a specific drop down value is selected, another field is pre-calculated (like End Date=90 days from today) Will be discussed with our development team, but chances are this will be too specific to implement.
41. Rules for custom fields: When a combination of values is selected (like Type=Contractor and Access=Network) a cascading field appears (like Explanation) This will probably not be implemented. You could achieve something like this by first selecting Contractor, which makes Access appear, then selecting Network, which makes Explanation appear.
42. Can an option to automatically set a specific subject line when a specific ticket type is selected? Added to the wishlist, low priority.
43. Can or will there be the ability for the Helpdesk software to be used on a smartphone? Will the Tech's be able to review, edit, update and close tickets via a smartphone? This is already on the wishlist, but chances are slim this will be in an upcoming version (6.1 or 6.2).
Can an option to automatically set a specific subject line when a specific ticket type is selected? e.g. user selects "New Employee" ticket type, so the subject line pre-fills with "New Employee set up Request" or other admin defined subject.