cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesedroid
Engaged Sweeper
When I look at a user in LanSweeper it pulls up info that I would like to hide from myself and others. Is there a way to restrict whats shown in user info?

Thanks
Joe
5 REPLIES 5
Bee_Kay
Engaged Sweeper
Perhaps you can create a custom role within AD instead, with specific privileges to prevent viewing of specific data, and still provide the access you do require?
joesedroid
Engaged Sweeper
Im not so concerned with the permissions as I am with hiding sensitive data that gets created when a user account is built. I was just wondering if there is a way to hide data from users account from being displayed to anyone who can log into lansweeper.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
In the current version of Lansweeper there is no permission tied to AD users as yet, they still fall under the asset management permission. Do note that when features are on our customer wishlist, they're not guaranteed to be implemented. We have thousands of customers all with individual needs and development time is of course limited. So we do have to prioritize. At this moment we cannot guarantee that this feature will be implemented and as such we cannot provide you with a timeline for its potential implementation.

We recommend keeping an eye on our change log for new releases and their contents. If you wish to be a beta tester and have access to new releases early, you could send in a mail to support@lansweeper.com and we can add you.
joesedroid
Engaged Sweeper
I posted this a few months ago. Has there been any change to this?
Or is there any way to hide ALL AD info in lansweeper from selected users?

Thanks
Joe
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
It is currently not possible to restrict other users from seeing the user information that was scanned from AD. We will however mark this as a feature request that may get implemented in a future update.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now