cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenMoxley
Engaged Sweeper

Since Friday Aug 9, 2024 we've been having a weird issue with our Lansweeper installation. All of a sudden emails have stopped working. We have 1 email account setup that pulls in emails and creates tickets, and then it is also used to send out notification emails. Since Aug 9th, it's not working any more, and when I look at the email configuration I'm seeing this: 

SMTP-Error.jpg

Nothing has changed in our configuration and this has been setup and working for years. We do have 2fa setup on the email account, and are using an app password. I've managed to get it to sync once or twice by disabling, reenabling 2fa, new app password, and messing around with settings of with and without the spaces in the app password and clicking test manually, but it's only worked once in 2 days trying. I'm stumped here. Are there any SMTP logs somewhere in Lansweeper I can go look at? I just installed the latest version and messed around again and it seems to have worked, but not confident it's going to keep working. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenMoxley
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you DavidPK! I ran the tool and determined that the list folders imap task was taking 5-10 minutes to complete. I then went and looked and realized there were 140k messages in that email account from the last 5 years of alerts. I cleared them all out up to Jan 1, 2024, shrinking it down to 11k messages, and now the Mailtester gets the folders in about 20 seconds, and works as expected, and last night LanSweeper started grabbing emails, and sending emails again. Seems like I have stumbled across a bug in your SMTP functionality as it was showing Incoming was fine, but seems like it was actually marking it as fine as soon as it logged in, and timing out on folder listing and then reporting outgoing as having an issue, or at least that's my current theory. You might want to file a bug ticket about that. 

DavidPK
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

You can use the mail tester tool next time the error comes up and possibly get more verbose output. If the issue comes back again you can submit a support request and the support team can enable some debug options to try and see if there are more details. 

Mail tester is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Tools