cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

LS 11-series has strange bug - hundreds of repeating objects on Windows Server.

a lot of duplicates  of Sentinel HASP Key in USB Devices  with same deviceid (no idea what is root cause)

a lot of duplicates of disk partitions (300-600x) (Probably disk mounted on folder is reason of bug or hot-add backup)

13 REPLIES 13
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

@Obi_1_Cinobi 

do you know about this issue?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

I can't say that I have seen this issue before, at least when you are speaking of hundreds of duplicates. I was going through our cases and the developer backlog, and I do not see any report on this.

We could potentially improve our method of obtaining the DeviceID. Currently, we query both Win32_USBControllerDevice and Win32_USBController and take just the last part. For example, if the DeviceID is USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5532\200901010001, we take just the last bit (200901010001), which in some cases leads to false duplicates if the last bit matches the DeviceID of another device. So, as an improvement, we should use the full DeviceID.

However, hundreds of duplicates do seem to be a lot!

And what about partitions?

Did you run my queries for check your QA infra?

I think that before LS 10.5 there were constraints in SQL database which deny to save same info into the tables.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We do not see these issues in any of our environments currently. For the issue with partitions, this is also not a known issue.

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Update queries to found duplicates

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

I think issues started in LS 10.5

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Clean job for disk partitions:

delete from tblDiskPartition where tblDiskPartition.LastChanged
  < (select max(intern.LastChanged) from tblDiskPartition as intern where intern.AssetID=tblDiskPartition.AssetID and intern.DiskIndex=tblDiskPartition.DiskIndex and intern.[Index]=tblDiskPartition.[Index])

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Clean job for usb devices:

delete from tblUSBDevices where tblUSBDevices.LastChanged
  < (select max(intern.LastChanged) from tblUSBDevices as intern where intern.AssetID=tblUSBDevices.AssetID and intern.DeviceID=tblUSBDevices.DeviceID and intern.name=tblUSBDevices.name)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now