cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alulux
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
I´m getting more "scan incomplete" errors from our PDA devices, resulting in not refreshing the "last seen" date. Nothing has changed on these devices:

Scan Incomplete New scan found 1 MAC addresses, the existing record has 2. Check your SNMP and SSH connections. 03/11/2014 06:10:32

I fixed the problem by deleting and adding the device again, but that´s not really an option.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Can you please send the output of the devicetester to this device to support@lansweeper.com
We will blacklist the MAC address.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Can you please send the output of the devicetester to this device to support@lansweeper.com
We will blacklist the MAC address.
Alulux
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
I think I found the reason for my problem.
When the scanner is put into a cradle, it creates a new "Serial-to USB" Connection with a fake MAC Adress. When Lansweeper is scanning the device it will of course find the additional interface (see screenshot)

Can I manually delete this interface somehow or ignore it?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The error you are seeing indicates that Lansweeper was originally able to access SNMP or SSH on the device, but is no longer able to. The most likely explanation for this problem is that your SNMP password changed and wasn't updated within Lansweeper.

Deleting the asset and rescanning should not allow Lansweeper to suddenly scan SNMP or SSH again. If there is another protocol (HTTP for instance) enabled on the asset, deleting and rescanning will cause the asset to be scanned with that protocol. This will make the error go away (as the new asset will never have been scanned with SNMP/SSH), but won't resolve the issue with Lansweeper being unable to access SNMP or SSH. We recommend:
- Running DeviceTester.exe on your Lansweeper server to test the SNMP credentials of specific assets. DeviceTester.exe can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions. If you cannot access SNMP with DeviceTester.exe, it is disabled on the device or your SNMP credential is incorrect.
- When you've determined what your SNMP credentials are, resubmitting the credentials in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Credentials.

If you continue to run into issues, do not delete and rescan but contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Screenshot of one problem asset's Lansweeper webpage.
- Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same asset with DeviceTester.exe. Perform the test on your Lansweeper server, submit your SNMP credential and show us the entire test window.