cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickeyshowers
Engaged Sweeper III
I have successfully deployed this package to other XP machines without a problem but a few of the fail with the following error.

Initialization Failed! Task Registering Error. The data area passed to a system call is too small. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007A)

Anyone ever seen this before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This issue seems to be known on Windows XP. This Microsoft article explains how to resolve it: You need to restart task scheduler service on the affected machines. After 15 minutes test deploying again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mickeyshowers
Engaged Sweeper III
As a test, I tried the deployment from the native deployment tool in the software that I was attempting to install and it worked. In the grand scheme, these are a relatively small percentage of our clients, so I probably won't pursue the solution here. Thanks again for the quick suggestion.
mickeyshowers
Engaged Sweeper III
I'll give that a try. Odd that my own searches didn't turn up that link. Thanks!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This issue seems to be known on Windows XP. This Microsoft article explains how to resolve it: You need to restart task scheduler service on the affected machines. After 15 minutes test deploying again.