cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
We have one user (out of 12) that is unable to connect to our Lansweeper console. We've used different browsers, cleared cookies, rebooted, etc to no avail. ConnectionTester shows that all is well.

I've emailed support, but their solutions have been to reinstall LanSweeper, upgrade LanSweeper, migrate the database from SQL Compact to SQL Server. We're not willing to do that simply because one user can't connect, especially since none of those things would solve the issue.

In the web_errorlog file we see:

“Index and length must refer to a location within the string”

And she sees : "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when she goes to the console.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
There was a known issue with 7.0 where users would be duplicated in the user list under the Configuration/user access. Deleting the duplicate entries fixed the issues I was seeing.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
mwrobo09 wrote:
There was a known issue with 7.0 where users would be duplicated in the user list under the Configuration/user access. Deleting the duplicate entries fixed the issues I was seeing.

Thanks

I checked that. I ended up having to delete her user account (transferring all her 200+ tickets to me, including all historical ones) and then deleting her account, then recreating it, and transferring them all back to her.

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Are you using integrated auth, or prompting for username/password?

Have you had the user try logging in from a different device? One which is known to log in successfully? It almost sounds like the machine isn't properly passing everything needed for a successful authentication.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
RKCar wrote:

Have you had the user try logging in from a different device? One which is known to log in successfully? It almost sounds like the machine isn't properly passing everything needed for a successful authentication.

She gets the same error on another computer, using a different network.

pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
RKCar wrote:

Thanks for the response.

We are using integrated authentication. I am having her remote into another computer to try that, but I tried it running the browser as my own account and had the same issue.