cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hurr1c4n
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

I'm new to lansweeper and I have one short question about the length of the snmp community string.
Are there any restrictions/limitations about the length of the string?

We currently use a string with 32 letters, numbers and other signs. But it seems that this string is to long for lansweeper because the requests on the asset are only 20 Digits long.

Could somebody please tell me which length is supported by lansweeper?

Kind regards,
Tom

[edit]
We currently use lansweeper version 5.0.0.81 and we are premium members.
Maybe you need this Information. 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper supports community strings of up to 50 characters. Longer strings may generate errors or be ignored but will never be truncated.

How are you monitoring the requests? Are you getting the information from logs on your network device? Many devices have their own limit on the length of the community string. Could you try inspecting the packets with a packet sniffer such as Wireshark to confirm the strings are truncated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper supports community strings of up to 50 characters. Longer strings may generate errors or be ignored but will never be truncated.

How are you monitoring the requests? Are you getting the information from logs on your network device? Many devices have their own limit on the length of the community string. Could you try inspecting the packets with a packet sniffer such as Wireshark to confirm the strings are truncated.