cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
I Installed the trial version of Lansweeper 6019 on a laptop computer on a workgroup. I was bringing it to my friend's job to kind of demo how Lanseeper works since he is interested in the product. I wanted to show him how it works, the interface, how easy it is to use, etc. After I installed it, I configured the IP range and domain under Scanning Targets, and added the domain administrator credentials. When I initiated a scan of his network, it found all of the devices, but it would only thoroughly scan 5 of the Windows workstations. The rest of the workstations (32 of them), when you clicked on the asset all you saw was a message that said "Computer not yet scanned." There were not errors listed (like WMI, firewall, etc.). All of them had a "Last tried" of the current time, but it was in red. But, it just wouldn't perform a scan of those machines nor did it display any errors. What would cause this? Is this a limitation of the free version? It only found 60 assets on his network, so it was under the 100 limit for the trial version. Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Below are some possible explanations I can think of for this error. The first one is a likely explanation, the others are less likely. If you haven't already, I would also recommend updating to Lansweeper release 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions, as we've fixed some bugs.
  • The problem computers haven’t finished scanning and are still in your scanning queue. You can view your queue under Scanning\Scanning Queue.
  • You are using SQL Compact or an Express edition of SQL Server to host your Lansweeper database and have reached your database size limit, which will prevent any new data from being written into the database. You can view your database size under Configuration\Database Scripts.
  • OS scanning is disabled under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval. Lansweeper uses a computer’s OS value to determine whether or not the machine is “scanned”. Disabling OS scanning through the web console is no longer possible, but someone may have disabled the OS item directly within the database.
  • Invalid settings (e.g. IP ranges) that were inserted directly into the database.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Below are some possible explanations I can think of for this error. The first one is a likely explanation, the others are less likely. If you haven't already, I would also recommend updating to Lansweeper release 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions, as we've fixed some bugs.
  • The problem computers haven’t finished scanning and are still in your scanning queue. You can view your queue under Scanning\Scanning Queue.
  • You are using SQL Compact or an Express edition of SQL Server to host your Lansweeper database and have reached your database size limit, which will prevent any new data from being written into the database. You can view your database size under Configuration\Database Scripts.
  • OS scanning is disabled under Scanning\Scanned Item Interval. Lansweeper uses a computer’s OS value to determine whether or not the machine is “scanned”. Disabling OS scanning through the web console is no longer possible, but someone may have disabled the OS item directly within the database.
  • Invalid settings (e.g. IP ranges) that were inserted directly into the database.