cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctw
Engaged Sweeper III
We've been using Redmine for 2 years as our ticket system and have decided to give Lansweeper Helpdesk a chance. Has anybody tried to migrate tickets from one system to the other? I'm doing research now about moving over the tickets, but Redmine by default only exports 500 at a time and we have 5k tickets.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When importing tickets, it's important that in the case of existing users that the user information in the template completely matches the user information in Configuration\User Access & Roles. Otherwise your import will be rejected. Name must match UserDisplayname, UserEmail must match E-mail exactly, and Username + UserDomain must match Userdomain\Username, as seen in Configuration\User Access & Roles.

Also do be aware that if you add users with a dummy email address that you may end up with duplicate (with differing emails) users in your helpdesk.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When importing tickets, it's important that in the case of existing users that the user information in the template completely matches the user information in Configuration\User Access & Roles. Otherwise your import will be rejected. Name must match UserDisplayname, UserEmail must match E-mail exactly, and Username + UserDomain must match Userdomain\Username, as seen in Configuration\User Access & Roles.

Also do be aware that if you add users with a dummy email address that you may end up with duplicate (with differing emails) users in your helpdesk.
ctw
Engaged Sweeper III
Alright, I've been working on it most of the day getting the csv prepped to the way LS wants it to look. I'm getting stuck at supplying the users email field with one from the Redmine db. If need be I might cheat it and just use a generic email address to make it happy.