cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sailor
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Newbie here. I have tried to utilize the Lansweeper Remote Control (VNC), and seem to always get "Access is Denied".

- I've logged into Lansweeper with an account that has Domain and Local Admin privileges for the PCs.
- Confirmed that from the Lanweeper server itself, when logged in with this same account, i can MANUALLY run the lsremote.exe and connect to the remote PCs.
- When I run the Connection Test using this account, I get no errors.

Any ideas where else to look?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It's important to keep in mind that it's the account your web browser is running under that is used to perform the Remote Control session. If your browser is running under user A, but you're logging into the web console with user B, it is still user A that is used to perform the Remote Control session and user A that requires administrative privileges on the target machine. For information on running Remote Control under a specific user account, please review this article. I would also recommend reviewing the other Remote Control requirements in this article, if you haven't already.

As a side note: for urgent questions, it is best to contact support@lansweeper.com. Emails are prioritized. We do not guarantee a response on the forum.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It's important to keep in mind that it's the account your web browser is running under that is used to perform the Remote Control session. If your browser is running under user A, but you're logging into the web console with user B, it is still user A that is used to perform the Remote Control session and user A that requires administrative privileges on the target machine. For information on running Remote Control under a specific user account, please review this article. I would also recommend reviewing the other Remote Control requirements in this article, if you haven't already.

As a side note: for urgent questions, it is best to contact support@lansweeper.com. Emails are prioritized. We do not guarantee a response on the forum.
sailor
Engaged Sweeper
Anyone? So far this is my biggest problem, which I can't solve.