cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
Anyone know of remote software install tools that could be used with Lansweeper?

Thanks, Tonhy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
chada wrote:
For simple .exe installs like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash etc I just put an item on the action menu. The first path is the location I keep the tools like psexec which is my lansweeper server. \\{computer} you leave as is and Lansweeper executes the action on the computer you currently have selected. The last path is wherever you keep your software and the /s is the silent install option. Hope that helps. You can't do SQL installs through this means obviously but simple MSI and exe with silent or quiet switch seem to work.

\\(Lansweeper Servername)\LStools\ActionPack\psexec.exe \\{computer} -s -c "\\{Servername}\{Share}\flash.exe" /s

That is great! I have used that tool in other applications, just didn't think of it here.. We have our users restricted, so I would need to use the -u option with an account that has admin access.

If you execute if from within a VB script, you could easily setup a generic action item that prompts you for Application and other parameters.

Chada, thanks for the great input!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
chada
Engaged Sweeper III
You might also try psexec -s as it runs the process under the system account. I use this through group policy scripting and then I don't need to supply a username and password in plain text.

Are you saying your users of Lansweeper don't have admin on the workstations or the users of the machine don't? Our helpdesk is admin of all workstations and the command above works without supplying credentials in the command.
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
chada wrote:
You might also try psexec -s as it runs the process under the system account. I use this through group policy scripting and then I don't need to supply a username and password in plain text.

Are you saying your users of Lansweeper don't have admin on the workstations or the users of the machine don't? Our helpdesk is admin of all workstations and the command above works without supplying credentials in the command.

Nice, I didn't realize the -s option, will have to test that out. Our helpdesk has admin access to all the workstations, the normal users do not.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If it's an MSI package you can use psexec in combination with "MSIexec.exe"
Type "msiexec /?" for options.
chada
Engaged Sweeper III
For simple .exe installs like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash etc I just put an item on the action menu. The first path is the location I keep the tools like psexec which is my lansweeper server. \\{computer} you leave as is and Lansweeper executes the action on the computer you currently have selected. The last path is wherever you keep your software and the /s is the silent install option. Hope that helps. You can't do SQL installs through this means obviously but simple MSI and exe with silent or quiet switch seem to work.

\\(Lansweeper Servername)\LStools\ActionPack\psexec.exe \\{computer} -s -c "\\{Servername}\{Share}\flash.exe" /s
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
chada wrote:

That is great! I have used that tool in other applications, just didn't think of it here.. We have our users restricted, so I would need to use the -u option with an account that has admin access.

If you execute if from within a VB script, you could easily setup a generic action item that prompts you for Application and other parameters.

Chada, thanks for the great input!
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Just to be sure I understand, you want to point to someones PC and be able to click a action and have that assosiated software install on the target PC?
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
Cobra7 wrote:
Just to be sure I understand, you want to point to someones PC and be able to click a action and have that assosiated software install on the target PC?

Yes, that is correct, the Remote Uninstall tool works fantastic. It would be great to have a similar tool that would allow you to remotely install an application.

For example, your working with a remote client and discover they do not have VNC installed. Sure you could RDP into the workstation as adminstrator and install, but remotely would be much easier.