cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
We re-installed LS on a new server and moved our old database over to the new server. I followed the directions for that step by step and everything confirmed that it was good. We did that on the 10th. Since then every time it scans it says there is an error, and shows the last tried time in red. If I click the errors tab it states that RPC was unavailable, BUT (while still looking at the same asset) if I click the rescan action button on the left it scans with no error and updates the page.

Any ideas on what I could do to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As explained previously, you need to test the connection to the FQDN and the NetBIOS name of the machine. The scanning error was generated while connecting to the FQDN, which is listed in the error; the Rescan buttons connect to the NetBIOS name, not the FQDN.

Preferably, you should also troubleshoot the *same* machine shown in your initial screenshots, not a different machine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
We can now ping all of our machines by FQDN. Thank you!
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
I'm sorry I got in a hurry and didn't read that correctly. You are correct, they are failing when trying to use FQDN, we will look into that, thanks!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As explained previously, you need to test the connection to the FQDN and the NetBIOS name of the machine. The scanning error was generated while connecting to the FQDN, which is listed in the error; the Rescan buttons connect to the NetBIOS name, not the FQDN.

Preferably, you should also troubleshoot the *same* machine shown in your initial screenshots, not a different machine.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Just ran the exe you sent, everything passes. It was ran from the scanning server, both by name and IP.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem is probably that there is something wrong with the fqdn resolving of this asset.
When you scan an asset with active scanning we use the fqdn. When you re scan the asset we are going to use the netbios.

You can check if there is a difference with fqdn and netbios when you run the connetion tester to the fqdn of the asset and once to the netbios of the asset.

You can download the connection tester from: http://download.lansweeper.com/tools50/TestConnection.exe.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Screenshots of what I'm talking about: