cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puzzler
Engaged Sweeper
I am attempting to set up a package that runs a .CMD file from the application's share. When I copy and paste the full path into Windows Explorer the script runs and completes successfully.

However, when I try to deploy it in Lansweeper this is the entry that I get the message below. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the path specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (DOMAIN\user). ShareCredential: (DOMAIN\user).
Command: "\\servername\DefaultPackageShare$\scripts\ECWDLL.CMD"

However, when I run it, [edit] on the target PC [/edit] I see a jump in CPU usage of the "System" process and then our antivirus for about the length of time it would take for this command to complete. I have seen similar behavior with other packages.

The path of the .CMD file is: \\servername\DefaultPackageShare$\scripts\ECWDLL.CMD

Here is what is inside the .CMD file. I tried both with and without the full path [where it first CDs to the directory].

for %%h in ("c:\program files (x86)\eclinicalworks\"*.ocx,"c:\program files (x86)\eclinicalworks\"*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %%h

The PC that this package is being run against is Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB, the browser is the latest Chrome, and our Lansweeper version is v. 6.0.150.50.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Strange, have you tried just using the command in the deployment package rather then calling the script?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Generally speaking the error is caused by the following:

• The file(s) not being present in the path you have indicated in your deployment package.
  • The path in your deployment package is incorrect.
  • The file path not being accessible from the computer you are running the deployment on.
Have you tried accessing the share from the PC you are trying to deploy on?
Charles.X wrote:
Generally speaking the error is caused by the following:

• The file(s) not being present in the path you have indicated in your deployment package.
  • The path in your deployment package is incorrect.
  • The file path not being accessible from the computer you are running the deployment on.
Have you tried accessing the share from the PC you are trying to deploy on?

Charles, thank you for the reply, but yes I was able to access the .cmd file from the PC I was trying to deploy on. The script ran and completed without any errors.

Also, as I stated in the OP, even though Lansweeper threw an error I saw evidence that the script actually ran on the target PC.