cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful tool.

Eventhough my systems are getting scanned , i still confused on the exact intervel of systems getting scanned.
Is system getting seen means its scanning also done ?
I have set the autoscan as 30 days but i can see all my systems are getting seen in everyday
Thanks
Pras
18 REPLIES 18
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, with only one exception: if you start the service the scanning looks in active directory for computers seen in the last 2 weeks.

Which service you specified Is it Lansweeper service which is running in the server ?

Also if a desktop scanned today going offline for next two days , what would be the status of the system in the dashboard after two days ?

Means successfully scanned desktop details should be availabe at any time eventhough the system is inactive for sometime ? PLease confirm

Deatils will be erased only if the system is found active ( live ) by active scanning but not able to scan due to some erros ? Please confirm
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which service you specified Is it Lansweeper service which is running in the server ?

Correct

Means successfully scanned desktop details should be availabe at any time eventhough the system is inactive for sometime ? PLease confirm

Correct

Deatils will be erased only if the system is found active ( live ) by active scanning but not able to scan due to some erros ? Please confirm

No old data will be erased, when a new scan is not possible due to errors, the errors will be logged but nothing else will be changed.
pras
Engaged Sweeper
So it means , if it is only active scanning enabled all the systems which are showing scanning error must be alive in the network ? Please confirm.

Also if a desktop scanned today going offline for next two days , what would be the status of the system in the dashboard after two days ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
So it means , if it is only active scanning enabled all the systems which are showing scanning error must be alive in the network ? Please confirm.

Yes, with only one exception: if you start the service the scanning looks in active directory for computers seen in the last 2 weeks.

What exactly do you mean with the status?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you use only active scanning, the failed ones will be the ones "live" in the network with connection problems (RPC,access denied,...)
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Agree, but Active scanning will work based on the logged on status of the computers at a regular intervel which varies from computers.
My requirement is I want to generate a report of the live computers only which are scanned successfully at a specific time so that i can work on the failed ones.
pras
Engaged Sweeper
Any help on this ? Scan only the active ( live ) systems in the network .

thanks
Pras
pras
Engaged Sweeper
can i configure a schedulde scan which should scan live systems only? Systems which are not live do not need to get scanned.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pras wrote:
can i configure a schedulde scan which should scan live systems only? Systems which are not live do not need to get scanned.

If you want only live systems you need active scanning, scheduled scanning scans all computers in the selected OU's.