cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inftad
Engaged Sweeper
Hi!

I've just purchased LanSweeper Enterprise and plan to use one DB/scanning server and several scanning servers on different locations.

Could someone please point me in the direction of a how-to/best practice for installing the following:

Centralized DB/Scanning server:
Windows 2008R2 Standard
Ms SQL 2008 Standard

Scanning servers:
Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008R2

Tried searching the forum but came up empty.

My apologies of this topic is covered somewhere else

TIA
inftad
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Looks ok, but I wouldn't recommend windows2008 R2 before the first service pack (it has numerous wmi and memory bugs)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sgtpham
Engaged Sweeper
like to know the configuration with lansweeper and windows 2008r2 and sql2008r2. I tried it and didnt work out well.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sgtpham wrote:
like to know the configuration with lansweeper and windows 2008r2 and sql2008r2. I tried it and didnt work out well.

Did you get any specific errors?
I wouldn't recommend win2008R2 before SP1
inftad
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
sgtpham wrote:

Did you get any specific errors?
I wouldn't recommend win2008R2 before SP1

I am also very interested in hearing what kind of errors you get.
We have just started deployment in our production environment, with no problems so far (fingers crossed 🙂 ). Using ADSIpath scanning everything from WinXP to 2008R2 with Exchange 2010 seems to be working well.

The main server is Win2008R2 Standard with SQL2008 Standard (not SQL2008R2) and IIS running on VMware ESX 4.

Cheers
-inftad
inftad
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, and thank you for the quick reply.

We are currently testing the 2008R2/SQL2008 combo to see if there are any problems. So far it seems quite stable and error free, our test environment consists of AD2003-servers, 2008R2-servers and non-english XP32 and Win7 32/64 clients.

Any recommendations on how to install and configure the scanning servers?

Cheers
inftad
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
inftad wrote:

Any recommendations on how to install and configure the scanning servers?

Any os will do, no special requirements.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Looks ok, but I wouldn't recommend windows2008 R2 before the first service pack (it has numerous wmi and memory bugs)