cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Hi,

Just wondering if there is a URL that could be used to trigger the rescan of AD group membership? As I understand it is done once every 24 hours automatically.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Somewhat counter-intuitively, AD group memberships (of both users and computers) are scanned through Domain User Scanning, which is documented here. Domain User Scanning can only be scheduled once a day, but you can also manually trigger a scan with the Scan Now button next to the scan target, in the Domain User Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Methods.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Hi Susan,

Just checking if there is a way to prioritise the domain scan above other IP scans?

Thanks,
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Thanks Susan,

Looking at that section of the scanning methods config page the "scan now" button utilises the below URL.

.../configuration/ScanningMethods/ScanningServerActions.aspx?action=scanusernow&id=1

I'll test if this URL works. Should it show up in the scanning queue?

I wonder, would that domain user scanning table allow they same domain details to be listed multiple times (but with a different scan schedule)?

Thanks again.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
ghelpdesk wrote:
Should it show up in the scanning queue?

Domain User Scanning requests don't show up in your queue under Configuration\Scanning Queue unfortunately. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it.

ghelpdesk wrote:
I wonder, would that domain user scanning table allow they same domain details to be listed multiple times (but with a different scan schedule)?

Yes, you can submit the same scan target for Domain User Scanning multiple times, with different schedules.

ghelpdesk wrote:
Just checking if there is a way to prioritise the domain scan above other IP scans?

At the moment, you cannot manually manipulate the priority of Domain User Scanning requests. I would have to test this or check with development, but I'm not sure where these scans run consecutively or concurrently in relation to other scan requests.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Somewhat counter-intuitively, AD group memberships (of both users and computers) are scanned through Domain User Scanning, which is documented here. Domain User Scanning can only be scheduled once a day, but you can also manually trigger a scan with the Scan Now button next to the scan target, in the Domain User Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Methods.