→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AronJBAR
Engaged Sweeper II
We use Mitel/Aastra SIP Handsets, they are SNMP enabled and have previously been displaying data. Since changing to VLANS we can now only view the data under IP Location view.

If I view a Switch Asset, and look at a port I know a device is connected too, all I see is a MAC address and an unclickable Networking Device Icon.

Does anybody have any idea how to rectify this?

EDIT: I should add that Lansweeper scanning detects that the port is using VLans, it just doesn't recognise the device attached.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Have you done a rescan of all your phones and the switch in Lansweeper?

When a switch is scanned by Lanswepeer, it will also scan the MAC addresses connected to the ports on the switch. Once scanned, the MAC addresses are compared to existing MAC addresses in the database to link assets to the port they are connected to. If no match is found, only the MAC address is displayed.

Additionally, you can run the following tool to check what information is available on your switch.

Interface Scan Debugger: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn5ium1nyphalh9/InterfaceScanDebugger.zip?dl=0