cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisS
Engaged Sweeper III
1. Scan Method. when i query a computer i'd liek to know which method it has retrieved the device information and which credentials it actually used
e.g. lspush / Active Scanning / IP range scanning

2. Scanning queue manipulation
I'd like to be able to see whats queued up for scanning, delete or prioritise things that are queued... sometimes i need to scan something right now but its "added to the queue"

3. Scan now in IP Range scan and Active scan
It would be good if there was a little button next to an IP range or a domain to scan right now and add straight to top of queue, sometime you just need that info right now!

Thats all for now

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisS
Engaged Sweeper III
Well, this is a wishlist, so i'd like a way to push scans for indiviual devices or ranges to the front of the queue on demand

As for the Scanning queue display, i can;t seem to find what you mean on the landing page of the web console....

I can see IP range scanning, and I could click Scan all ranges now however, I can't see a current queue of devices, which is what I am after.

Scan all enabled ranges isn't what i'm after either, as I look after hundreds of ranges, so it takes an age to untick over a hundred ranges just so that I can click to scan enabled ones, then to have to go back and tick them all again.

This may be convenient on a very small network but I look after upwards of 7000 PCs +devices here!

Your scanning queue can already be accessed at http://servername:9524

This doesn't seem to work (yes i replace servername with the name of my server)

Many thanks for your support

ChrisS
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ChrisS wrote:
As for the Scanning queue display, i can;t seem to find what you mean on the landing page of the web console....

Click the name of your scanning server in the Service Status box of the web console landing page. In the example attached to this post the scanning server is called "Lan-001". This will take you to your scanning queue, showing the scans that are currently being performed.

ChrisS wrote:
Scan all enabled ranges isn't what i'm after either, as I look after hundreds of ranges, so it takes an age to untick over a hundred ranges just so that I can click to scan enabled ones, then to have to go back and tick them all again.

This may be convenient on a very small network but I look after upwards of 7000 PCs +devices here!

You can create IP locations for these ranges, which you can then select and rescan individually through the web console. More information on creating IP locations can be found on page 54 of our online documentation.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ChrisS wrote:
1. Scan Method. when i query a computer i'd liek to know which method it has retrieved the device information and which credentials it actually used
e.g. lspush / Active Scanning / IP range scanning

Information on when a computer was last scanned with a particular scanning method can be found in tblComputers. Have a look at the fields Lasttriggered, LastScheduled, LastActiveScan and LastLsPush. You can also determine which scanning server scanned the computer through the Scanserver field.

As for the credentials: you can only enter one set of credentials per domain/workgroup. So if a computer in a particular domain/workgroup is successfully scanned, you automatically know which credentials were used.
If there are scanning errors, the error will usually mention which credentials Lansweeper attempted to use.

ChrisS wrote:
2. Scanning queue manipulation
I'd like to be able to see whats queued up for scanning, delete or prioritise things that are queued... sometimes i need to scan something right now but its "added to the queue"

Your scanning queue can already be accessed at http://servername:9524
(Replace "servername" with the name of your Lansweeper server.)
You can also easily access your scanning queue through the web console landing page, by clicking the name of your scanning server.

The ability to prioritize scans is on our customer wish list. Currently all new scan requests are added at the back of the scanning queue and cannot be moved.

ChrisS wrote:
3. Scan now in IP Range scan and Active scan
It would be good if there was a little button next to an IP range or a domain to scan right now and add straight to top of queue, sometime you just need that info right now!

There is a "Scan all enabled ranges now" button under IP Range Scanning in the configuration console. You can also rescan entire domains and IP locations through the web console. Click on a domain, workgroup or IP location and hit the "Rescan" or "Full Rescan" button.

As previously mentioned, these new scans will always be added at the back of the queue.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now