cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
From reading other posts, there is no ability to alter built-in asset states. I realize that there are built in reports and such that are especially linked to Active or Inactive. We have some states we would like to add, but there are other canned states we would not use. In order to reduce clutter or confusion, my first request would be the ability to remove unused states, but if that for whatever reason isn't possible, it would at least be helpful if you could make states hidden from the list of available asset states.
2 REPLIES 2
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The built-in asset states can not be deleted, currently. You can, however, add your own asset states under Configuration\Asset Pages. You will have to keep in mind, though, that an asset with another asset state then 'Active' will not be displayed in most built-in reports and views within Lansweeper, as these filter on the asset state 'Active'. You can of course built custom reports that will display either all asset states or filter on a specific asset state by linking the database table tblState to tblAssetCustom in your report.
David.G wrote:
The built-in asset states can not be deleted, currently. You can, however, add your own asset states under Configuration\Asset Pages. You will have to keep in mind, though, that an asset with another asset state then 'Active' will not be displayed in most built-in reports and views within Lansweeper, as these filter on the asset state 'Active'. You can of course built custom reports that will display either all asset states or filter on a specific asset state by linking the database table tblState to tblAssetCustom in your report.

Thank you, I realize that active wouldn't show up as I saw the state > 1 option in reports. My main concern was trying to customize an state that is not "Active" to make it make more sense in our environment.