cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is it possible to add a new function for adding computers manually?
With the new search for the custom fields, we are now able to search for a computer purchase date or tag number.

For now, we are using two softwares for our inventory needs because we are not able to add computer manually in lansweeper when we receive it from our distributor.

Please add a new link for adding a new computer or add a computer type in the “add new device” page.

We need a field for entering the serial number of the computer.

We must be able to enter our computers manually before they got scanned.
I think that It will be good for us to be able to add computers manually with the serial number, purchase number, warranty info, purchase date … when we receive it from our distributor and after, lansweeper update the computer database entry with new info scanned by lansweeper.

Lansweeper will need to check if an entry with the specific serial exists and update the database entry for the computer.

It will also be good to have a tool for importing data into lansweeper database from access databases or csv files.

Is it possible to have this new functionnality?

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you.
33 REPLIES 33
nibber99
Engaged Sweeper
We are also looking for this feature as we purchase spares on behalf of our client and we need to keep track of this until they are used. This can be over a year.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We do not have a release date yet for this feature, but it's on the road map.
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
I would like to see this feature in a future release as well. We often receive new PCs from Dell that I would like to add to Lansweeper as soon as we receive them. Sometimes the PCs aren't unboxed and put on the network for a couple weeks or more.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm also interested in this functionality.
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

can you tell us when do you plan to implement this functionnality?

thank you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
CSSSC wrote:
Hi,

can you tell us when do you plan to implement this functionnality?

thank you.

We currently have no release date for this feature. We are starting work on Lansweeper version 5.0 and are still deciding on which features to add.
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, Do you have news concerning this feature request. You asked 6 months for developping this functionnality. Do you plan to release it soon?

Thank you for your great work and for your time.

Your product is so good.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
CSSSC wrote:
Hi, Do you have news concerning this feature request. You asked 6 months for developping this functionnality. Do you plan to release it soon?

"Manually" adding computers is not yet possible. We recommend scanning difficult to reach machines with LsPush.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Since this thread was started, version 4.2 of Lansweeper has been released. This version includes the LsPush scanning method, which is ideal for scanning difficult to reach computers. If you have access to the specified machines, you may want to use this scanning method to do inventory.

Our latest 4.2 installer can be found here.
Information on scanning with LsPush can be found on page 32 of our online documentation.
Signe
Engaged Sweeper
We are also very interested in adding computers that Lansweeper has not "seen" because they are not on our LAN. We need to track the inventory of all computers we have purchased. Having these in Lansweeper would save me keeping a separate list of those PCs.
We are upgrading to 5.0 and are hoping to find a way to do this in the new version without having to use a device type other than "computer" to add these items.