cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimF
Engaged Sweeper
We are now using Carbon Black Defense for Anti-virus. Lansweeper shows: Antivirus: No antivirus installed.

Lansweeper needs to detect newer security software like Traps, Cylance, and Carbon Black. And there is no need to see if it is up to date, as there are no DAT type files for these programs.
4 REPLIES 4
Azuroth
Engaged Sweeper III
I've added FireAMP manually and it does see it as software. However, it doesn't show anything past that. I would like to see if on the summary page of the asset and showing whether it's out of date or up to date.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Azuroth wrote:
I've added FireAMP manually and it does see it as software. However, it doesn't show anything past that. I would like to see if on the summary page of the asset and showing whether it's out of date or up to date.

As indicated and expanded further upon in this article, Lansweeper detects anti-virus program through 2 methods. Via software scanning and the anti-virus list, and out of WMI, which includes status information. If you're not seeing status information this means no anti-virus information was returned out of WMI. This is entirely normal if the computers in question are running a Windows Server OS, as Windows Server OS lack the WMI class that stores this information.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I added Traps, Cylance, Carbon Black and Cisco FireAMP to a feature request so that it may be scanned by default in future Lansweeper versions. Do note that adding an AV software to the existing list can be easily done manually. You can find how to add AV software to Lansweeper in this knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/123/managing-anti-virus-software-reports.html
Azuroth
Engaged Sweeper III
Would love to see Cisco FireAMP included as well.