cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi Folks,

When setting up custom fields for a ticket type, we can add additional selection fields.

I would like to have an info box showing information based on the users selection.

for example, if a user selects "Access to WiFi", it would display an info box with some information about the wifi set up process and access restrictions.

or if a request for a new employee set up, they select the team that the new person is joining, and it displays the default access rights for that team and asks if additional rights are needed.

Is any of that possible?

Thanks!
Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Sorry, the tooltips are the only method of providing extra information to the end user about custom fields.

I'll move your topic to the feature request category so it we can take this with us for the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Sorry, the tooltips are the only method of providing extra information to the end user about custom fields.

I'll move your topic to the feature request category so it we can take this with us for the future.

Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Thanks Charles,

Not quite what i need though. The tooltip gives info for the entire field, what I need is separate "tooltips" depending on which radio button they select within the field.

for example, lets say I have a list of teams:

• HR
  • Operations
  • Finance

And lets say we create a new member of staff for the HR team. A user will select "HR" from the list, and I want an information box to appear that says something like:

"Members of this team will be given access to the following shared folders: <LIST of Folders> and the following Shared Email Boxes: <List of Email Boxes>. Check this is correct before proceeding"

If they selected Operations team, they would get a similar message but with a different list of folders.

Is that possible? if not, is there an alternative?

Thanks!
Ian
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
HI Ian,

Take a look at this KB article. It explains ticket custom fields.

I think what you're looking for is the 'Info' box when creating a custom field. It will show a tooltip when the field is selected.