→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sedell
Engaged Sweeper
Just wondering if there were plans to add an LSPush client for Macs? This is going to be a must-have for us very soon.
15 REPLIES 15
Facilities
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi

Just following up LSPUSH for MAC is going to come anytime soon?
Is LSPUSH for Linux on the roadmap?

In my opion the only thing stopping total domination of Lansweeper is the lack of LSPUSH for MAC and Linux.
Otherwise it is the total package.

Regards
Nick
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I understand your request to prioritize an Apple computer scanning agent when having many BYOD devices. It's on our roadmap but at the moment, all of our resources are going towards the upcoming release of Lansweeper 6.0 which includes a Helpdesk Ticketing System. At this point, I can unfortunately not yet tell when we will implement an Apple computer scanning agent.
lhs
Engaged Sweeper
Hello support,

I'm surprised that after 18 months, even at "low priority" that this is still nowhere on the horizon. I'm a returning customer and having a manual method to scan Macs is really a must have in this day of BYOD devices.

Yes, macs can be scanned via the server, but for that we need to setup credentials and when the devices are owned by our staff and students this is problematic, and effectively not viable.

We have over 1800 BYOD devices which I need to add to our asset register (for software licensing purposes) and the majority of those are either Mac or iPad. Having a way to manually scan a Mac computer would be extremely helpful to us.

Hopefully this can be moved up the priority list so that it can be done sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Chris.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a release date for this feature yet unfortunately. Development is currently focusing on getting Lansweeper 6.0 released. This update will include a fully functional help desk and many other new features, though no scanning agent for Mac yet.

Mac computers *can* be scanned, but they need to be scanned by the Lansweeper server for now. Scanning instructions can be found here.
arupert
Engaged Sweeper III
Any update on this? Mac's are invading our env quite a bit. Now over 25% Apple/Mac not including iOS devices...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it. Given everything else that's going on right now (the deployment beta, the help desk alpha), this feature has low priority for now.