cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi there,

it would be great if one could be more flexible in authorizing software. As is right now I am only able to authorize software only as string found installed on PCs and I cannot use wildcards to for example automatically authorize every version of this software.

Also older versions of programs reside in list even if it never was found again on any active or inactive PC. So any button to drop every software out of authorized software list that is actually not in inventory would be great. Another example would be authorized software that is device driver for a device already replaced by another type so that the driver will never come up in network again.

Even more great would be if one could authorize only newest version of any software, for example Java only with newest patch detected in network.

Best regards, Jochen
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
These are valid points but for :
Even more great would be if one could authorize only newest version of any software, for example Java only with newest patch detected in network.

I would recommend creating a custom report, this will give you more flexibility in choosing software,operating system, file version, ...
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
I would recommend creating a custom report, this will give you more flexibility in choosing software,operating system, file version, ...

Yes it would give me more flexibility in choosing software and so on but it also would cause much more work to keep it up to date. Don´t uprate my last wish too much as I already adumbrated this would be the cherry on the cake - the earlier points (handling with wildcards and button to remove software not in inventory) would make handling authorized software much more better than it can be done now and these ones would do the trick for me.

Thanks and best regards, Jochen
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Fossy777 wrote:
button to remove software not in inventory

If a software package is no longer installed on any machine, it should no longer be present in your database. Most likely some of your software is only installed on inactive machines.