cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
Chances are I'm either just not figuring out how to do some of these, or someone here has already requested some of them and I just haven't found the forum post but, here's my wishlist.

1. I'd like to use LANSweeper to replace our in-house designed Inventory dB so I'd like to have a field for installed Windows key (I probably just am not finding it, if so then it needs to be easier to find)

2. Finer tuned WMI scanning. A competing product (PDQ Inventory) will also pick up attached peripherals, such as USB Barcode Scanners, USB Card Readers, even one employee's USB Glucose monitor. So far I've not yet found this level of WMI device scanning in LANsweeper.

I haven't finished reading the manual completely as yet so these might just be existing features that I haven't figured out how to use yet.
2 REPLIES 2
MikeRigsby
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok cool. I figured it had to be in there somewhere and I'm just brain damaged.
Network scanning applications is something of a specific interest of mine and so far LANsweeper is hands down the overall best one I've ever tried so kudos to all you guys/gals.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1. Lansweeper automatically scans Windows keys. This information can be found in the Recovered License Keys section of a computer's Software tab and in the built-in report "License: Software licensekey overview".
2. Lansweeper only scans a limited number of USB devices for now, like mice and keyboards. We plan on expanding detection in a future release, but do not currently have a release date for this feature.