cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IGMBio
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi Team,

I am not able to full scan the Dell iDRAC devices in Lansweeper using SSH and SNMP credentials, could you please help me with this.

5 REPLIES 5
IGMBio
Engaged Sweeper II

Got your point Thanks a lot.

Additionally, could you please let me know how to fully scan Network devices (Switches and Firewalls), tried performing scan with SNMP and SSH and failed to fully scan the device.

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper III

Unfortunately another team manages our switches/firewalls, and they're VERY protective of them, so I'm lucky if Lansweeper can pull basic information from them. 

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper III

For SSH, I believe this is due to Dell implementing a security feature that requires keyboard interaction for a connection to continue. 

For SNMP, I tested on one of our iDRACs and it doesn't appear to be scanning for us. **Correction, I used the Device Tester and SNMP is pulling in basic information, it's just not updating the scan time on the asset page.

IGMBio
Engaged Sweeper II

Could you please let me know then how to proceed for a full scanning of Dell iDRAC devices in Lansweeper

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper III

With more testing, it looks like the SSH account needs admin privileges to pull in some info. But due to Dell's security feature, I don't think there's a way to fully scan iDRAC anymore, or at least I haven't found a way.