Archive

This board contains archived posts from the retired Lansweeper Forum and Insiders Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Initial install questions

I find some of the wordinfg in the installation doc very ambigious.for the logon script%logonserver%\netlogon\lsclient.exe myserverfor the %logonserver% I understand this is my Domain controllerBut for "myserver" what server is supposed to be here?Is...

dwilkes by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

D:\HP_TOOLS Drive is full

Our new HP machines are coming with a D:\ drive called HP_TOOLS and they are 90+% full so LanSweeper throws an error. I want to exclude these from being reported, but only the specific HP_TOOLS drive.Is that possible?

LesSprott by Engaged Sweeper
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Initial Questions

We are currently evaluating Lansweeper Premium for our network, but I have a few questions.1) What happens if a machine is reloaded on the domain. Are we able to see the old information?2) Can we have alerts on if software is under license complia...

wcraig by Engaged Sweeper
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

lstrigger.exe not scanning computer that is in the database

Ok, I stumbled upon an interesting bug or at least maybe this is the way it is designed.I’ll explain by example. Let’s say I have two laptops. One is WS123-BOB which connected to the LAN on 3/17/2010 and Lansweeper ran a full scan (via active scan...

sebouh by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning for Media Files

Hello,The organization I work for is currently researching alternatives to our current software management tool, GASP. In addition to software compliance, we like to scan for media files (mp3, avi, etc.).I've searched and have not found a definitive...

rmarks by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recent software changes

HelloI would like to know more about Recent software changes link1. Can we generate this as a report daily manually2. Can we include time in this report3. is it possible to mail the recent software changes daily as mail at prescribed time or daily at...

sundarrs by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

software report not sortable

I don't even know if the canned reports are designed to be sortable, but the Software Overview report seems to dump the software out randomly. It would be much more functional if I could sort by publisher to find Sun Microsystems, or by software tit...

bsongstad by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IE 8 not always included in the reported installed software

We are using Lansweeper v3.5.2.4 and IE8 is not reported on some systems. We see no apparent OS pattern (Vista bus 32-bit, Win7 Pro 64-bit). When we look at the software installed on the computer, IE is not reported!Fyi, when I look under "Add/remo...

PierreM by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos