cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
I am trying to move items from the "Approved Software" list back to the "Software found in your network" list. I found another post in the archives that stated all you needed to do was select the item, or multiple items, and hit the 'delete' key. However, when I do so, I get the attached error.

I believe we are running ver 3 of the db (on remote SQL server). LS service = ver4.0.0.24, LS website = ver4003.

We get this error regardless of how many items we try to delete.

11 REPLIES 11
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
looks like that fixed the issue. Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To fix it you need to delete everything from the table and then you can create a primary key.

"delete from tblapprovedsoftware"
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
See post #8, I think I found what you were asking.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have sql server management studio (it's a free download)?
Navigate to the database/table/right click/design
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
okay, I stumbled around in SQL and think I found what you are asking. See attached 1.jpg. I'm guessing this is not configured as the primary key?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, this was an upgrade, but the original was version 4.?. I think I've upgraded twice since the original ver4 was released.

I apologize for my lack of SQL knowledge...but can you provide details on what I need to do to check the table key?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Was this an upgrade from previous version?
Could you check the primary key of table "tblapprovedsoftware"
Normally you have one field "software" nvarchar(300) which is the unique primary key.
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
It's working for me, i can delete the rows i want.
i think something went wrong when updating.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
By the way, when I try to remove approved software that does not have multiple identical entries, it works fine. Not sure why we have the multi-line entries like we do for Mozilla Firefox. We also see similar multi entries for MS Visual C++, Java(TM) 6 Updates, Java 2 Runtime Environments, etc.