cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
First I want to start out by saying that this looks like an amazing program and I thank you for the support you've given. All your responses on the forums are what's me gotten this far.

Anyways, I'm having problems with the SQL login when I go to view the webpage. I'm at page 23 on the documentation. This is the error I'm receiving.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) 
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner, Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()

This is my web.config file:

<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=127.0.0.1\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lssqluser;Password=******" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="dateformat" value="dd/MM/yyyy" />
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

The service is running and I can connect to it on 127.0.0.1:9524. As soon as I try to go to the main page I get this error though. Remote users are enabled. Lssqluser is created and the passwords do match.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further information.
13 REPLIES 13
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
Sure can.

http://bballp6699.homestead.com/files/configFiles.zip

As far as an incorrect login would go, the only other thing I would need to verify is that the lssqluser on the SQL side of things has the same password, without any typos. Would this be correct?

Thank you for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is a tough one 😉

The connectionstring of the service looks the same as the website.

Could you upload both config files for review please.
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
The service is running without any problems.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=127.0.0.1\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lssqluser;Password=mypassword" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
<add key="ListenPort" value="9524" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

The browser service is running.

The webserver is on the same server as the sqlserver.

The Windows firewall is completely off.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is your service running without any problems? could you post the config file please.
Is the sql server browser service running?
Is your webserver on the same machine as your sqlserver?
Is the sql server firewalled by windows firewall?