cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sayonara_SA
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

When i try to start the LansweeperPRO service i get the following

The LansweeperPRO service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service

What does that mean ?
25 REPLIES 25
Sayonara_SA
Engaged Sweeper
looks like it's working thanx

Had to delete the top line of the text file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8?>

I take it i can do without this part?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you attach your Lansweeper30.exe.config please.
There seems to be an error in the file.
Sayonara_SA
Engaged Sweeper
Event Type: Error
Event Source: LansweeperPro
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 2008/02/20
Time: 01:55:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SNVSPUTILS
Description:
Service cannot be started. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Lansweeper30.starter' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlPerformanceCounters' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 1, position 35. (C:\lansweeperpro\Service\Lansweeper30.exe.config line 1) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characte...

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you see an error in the eventviewer?
Sayonara_SA
Engaged Sweeper
under lansweeperpro\service?

If this is what you talkiong about i have a file called "Errorlog.txt" 0kb and nothing but nothing in it ... empty
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Take a look at the errorlog.txt in the service folder to check for errors on startup.