cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Port
Engaged Sweeper
First off, I'd like to say that Lansweeper is an awesome looking product and thank you for producing it.

I believe I have followed the installation directions exactly but I am having a problem when I attempt to access the newly created website. As soon as I attempt 127.0.0.1 a username/password authentication box pops up. The install directions do not show that any password should be required so I can only assume I have something configured wrong.

127.0.0.1:9524 works correctly, if I run the GUI Lansweeper Console I can see that clients have reported in.

If I turn off Integrated Windows Authentication in IIS the Unauthorized to view this page message is returned immediately.

I would really appreciate help with this problem. The issue appears to be with the configuration of the website so I am unsure what other information I can supply. I will be happy to supply additional information to anyone who can try to help me.
18 REPLIES 18
acastro
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
I was able to reproduce the problem.
Surfing to http://127.0.0.1/lansweeper asks password
Surfing to http://computername/lansweeper works.

Sorry for the delay, some other issues took my time yesterday. I don't know why I couldn't post a reply.... anyways, I still have the problem; I attached some screen shots as you requested before.
Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
could you post seome screenshots of your error + screenshots of the IIS config please.
acastro
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper properties, directory security, authentication and access control, enable anonymous access is checked with the user: IUSR_SVR-TEST and under authenticated access the box integrated windows authentication is also cheked. I tried unchecking it but then I got another type of error (You are not authorized to view this page). We don't have a proxy server.
Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you check in your IIS config if anonymous access is allowed to the website?
Maybe a proxyserver is asking for credentials?
acastro
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same problem, I unchecked the box but still have the problem. Please help.
Port
Engaged Sweeper
I unchecked that box and the site showed immediately. Thank you so much for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In your browser check if "enable windows integrated authentication" is enabled.
In under options/advanced/security
Port
Engaged Sweeper
Internet Explorer 6 on a 2003 Server.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you using firefox or internet explorer?