cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
I setup active scanning to only occur within a single OU. However, the only affect that seems to have had is that it scanned that OU first, then proceeded to scan the entire domain over the weekend. The difference is about 17,000 workstations more than I bargained for, and it has brought LanSweeper to a crawl. I'm about 24 hours into a delete process, and it appears it will take another couple days to finish deleting everything I don't want.

Why did it scan the entire domain? Our LanSweeper is version 4.1.0.18. Is this an issue that was fixed in a later version?
7 REPLIES 7
scpspjk
Engaged Sweeper
Wanted to let you know that we have this exact issue running version 4.1.0.27.

I am upgrading to 4.2.0.60 in hopes that it corrects the issue.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
scpspjk wrote:
Wanted to let you know that we have this exact issue running version 4.1.0.27.

I am upgrading to 4.2.0.60 in hopes that it corrects the issue.

If the problem persists, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- Screenshots of all domain scanning methods you have enabled under Scanning Servers\Your Server: Active Scanning, IP Range Scanning and/or Scheduled Scanning.
- Screenshots of the Lansweeper webpages of a few computers that you believe have been scanned in error.
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
I've upgraded to 4.2.0.54 and Active Scanning is now contained within my specified OU.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please send screenshots to support@lansweeper.com

This isn't a known problem.
krozar
Engaged Sweeper II
No, IP range scanning, nor any other scanning has been turned on.

I was actually hoping for an easy "you need to apply this update" kind of response on this issue.

I really can't afford to kick off many more scans and have it hit workstations in other areas again. I'm actually surprised I have not gotten a phone call from any of the other sites, yet.

I will probably try upgrading to the newest version, and try it once more, but beyond that, I probably won't bother with it any longer. We acquired the software through an acquisition of another organization, and we wanted to see if we could get some usefulness out of it before the license expires in a couple of months.

I'll post my results after I upgrade it, in the next week or two.
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Did you setup IP range scanning? The same sort of thing happened to us. We intentionally configure Active scanning to not scan our NOC but when the IP range scan ran it found all those machines anyway. We must not have had the No Windows box checked when it ran.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely the scan was done by something different from active scanning?
Did you configure ip range scanning?

If not, please mail support@lansweeper.com and provide screenshots.