cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bradford
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

I am looking for a way to get the current lansweeper software version number from the lansweeper server without going through the lansweeper software itself. I have checked HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Lansweeper, there is a subkey named "updatev60" but the value looks to be either encrypted or encoded, it's not human readable or parse-able.

Is there a file or a different registry value that I can easily check? The current version number is 6065, this is the number I am looking for. I'll start looking for the version number in SQL now but I would rather not have to query the database if i can avoid it.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure for which specific component (database, scanning server, website) you are trying to check the version number, but I'm assuming scanning server. If so, a couple of ways to check the version are to:
  • Check the properties of the following file: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.
  • Check the contents of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt. Every time the service starts, it writes a start event into this file, which includes (among other things) the version number of the service.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure for which specific component (database, scanning server, website) you are trying to check the version number, but I'm assuming scanning server. If so, a couple of ways to check the version are to:
  • Check the properties of the following file: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.
  • Check the contents of Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt. Every time the service starts, it writes a start event into this file, which includes (among other things) the version number of the service.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now