cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rinks
Engaged Sweeper III

Hello!

We are in the final stages of testing the new Lansweeper installation and cloud site and have ran into an issue when testing some mock assets. When we create an AD relation in the cloud site, this information does not sync to the onsite/classic version of Lansweeper. The general asset information comes over still like asset name changes, model, serial number, etc. When we create the relation in the onsite/classic version, the AD information does port over to the cloud site without issue. We're not sure why AD syncs from classic to cloud, but not from cloud to classic.

Additionally, it appears that custom entries created in classic/cloud do not port over to the cloud/classic sites. For example, we have a custom field for "asset number" we created in classic. When synced to cloud, this field does not show under "Custom fields" in the asset view, vice versa. I'm not sure why asset number or tag isn't included in the primary fields to begin with as many companies tag their equipment for easier tracking so customers don't have to read off one of potentially several serial numbers from their product, especially in the case when that serial is more than 20 characters long, when trying to get support. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III

The AD synch is only one way. It synchs from AD on Prem to Lansweeper cloud. 

Our custom fields added to assets do not show up in Cloud  either. I believe that these fields do not synch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III

The AD synch is only one way. It synchs from AD on Prem to Lansweeper cloud. 

Our custom fields added to assets do not show up in Cloud  either. I believe that these fields do not synch.

rinks
Engaged Sweeper III

Seems like a really weird oversight. It's hard to find use for the cloud site or see how it's beneficial when we still have to use the onsite version to input everything else we need, almost like doing double the work for one asset. ðŸ¤”