→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenCrim
Engaged Sweeper
We're moving the database off our aging MSSQL 2005 server onto a brand new piping hot MSSQL 2012 instance. I've been able to backup and restore the database without issue, and when I create a test DSN using the credentials in the config files, everything is hunky dory. However, when I edit the config file to specify the name of the new server, I get nothing. As nearly as I can tell, I'm not specifying anything differently between the ODBC user DSN and what's in the config files for lansweeper. The only thing I'm changing is the database source from "oxide" to "vm-it-mssql"

Anybody have any pointers on where to start? Thus far I feel like I've ruled out credentials and connectivity...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The best way of doing this is to
  • run the Lansweeper installer which you used to install the new database last time
  • Select New Installation
  • Select Advanced install
  • Uncheck the option New Lansweeper Database (just leave SQL server checked and install the Lansweeper service and Lansweeper website)
  • On the next page, specify the details of your existing SQL server
  • finish the installation

The database contains all your configuration and asset data.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The best way of doing this is to
  • run the Lansweeper installer which you used to install the new database last time
  • Select New Installation
  • Select Advanced install
  • Uncheck the option New Lansweeper Database (just leave SQL server checked and install the Lansweeper service and Lansweeper website)
  • On the next page, specify the details of your existing SQL server
  • finish the installation

The database contains all your configuration and asset data.