cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1a
Engaged Sweeper

I've just installed LSAgent and it's asking to reboot. I'm assuming this is because it also installed .NET 4.8, but I want to verify if subsequent updates to LSAgent will require a reboot as well? Certain machines in our network that are candidates for LSAgent can't have unplanned reboots. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

You are quite correct, this is due to the .NET framework being installed. Future LsAgent updates will not require a reboot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rom
Champion Sweeper III

If you deploy LSAgent via command line and use the switches/arguments, and not the GUI install,  it will not reboot any machines, even if it installs .NET and needs to reboot to take effect.  

Arguments are:   --mode unattended --server <FQDN,NetBIOS or IP> --agentkey <replace with your key>

From the deployment package:

"{PackageShare}\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe" --mode unattended --server <FQDN,NetBIOS or IP> --agentkey <replace with your key>

Reference:  Silently installing LsAgent on Windows, Linux, Mac - Lansweeper

"As of Lansweeper version 8.4.100, Windows clients must have .NET 4.8 (or higher) installed in order to be scanned by LsAgent. If the LsAgent installer detects a lower version is installed, it will automatically try to update the client's .NET framework to the required .NET 4.8 version, using a downloaded (on demand) Microsoft .NET installer.
After this update, the device may require a reboot. Whether a reboot is required or not is detected by the Microsoft .NET installer and depends on whether or not .NET dependency files were in use at the moment of update or not. The installation does not trigger a reboot."

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

You are quite correct, this is due to the .NET framework being installed. Future LsAgent updates will not require a reboot.