cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

Last week the helpdesk in LS stopped working. At first, I thought that it was because we used IMAP to collect and SMPT to send. And now when O365 has disabled basic authentication for those protocols we needed to change to Microsoft Graph. I followed the guide to do this. (https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/microsoft-graph-email-configuration/)
Both incoming and outgoing is verified. I can see that the service sends email, because they appear in the sent folder for the mailbox. If we restart lansweeperservice or reboot the server, incoming emails are processed. Also, I have entered all credentials to the software Mailtester in Lansweeper\Tools. And all test there, using the settings for Microsoft Grahp are successful.
But LS don’t update anything from the mailbox. No cases are updated whit information from incoming email. No updates in any cases are sent out to our users. I also noticed that since the mail stopped working. The server is running higher on CPU then before. Usually above 50% load, so I guess that there is something stuck somewhere in LS.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TDM
Engaged Sweeper II

i had the "keeps spinning" issue too after implementing the Graph solution, it looks like it happened when i changed the existing mail configuration to the graph config. i resolved it by completely removing the email account configuration, and then implement it again. seems like something fails to update correctly if you just edit the existing mail configuration

View solution in original post

Sw_LS
Engaged Sweeper II

Last night LS started working again. It looks as if some of the mail that were supposed to be sent, has been sent. But not al of them. Also CPU load is back to normal, about average 5-10%. Not sure on why it works again. Nothing in Windows logs, nothing new in errorlog.txt or web_errorlog.txt. So I don't know what the solution was.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
kerzer1
Engaged Sweeper

Hi Sw_LS,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

IT_admin_sbbcc
Engaged Sweeper

I'm having the same problem here, but mine just spins verifying.

Hello there!

When setting up MsGraph for the helpdesk, the configuration can appear to load indefinitely (spinning circles) in the following scenarios:

• The user account used in the configuration does not exist in your Azure environment. 
    • This tends to happen if an alias is used in the helpdesk instead of the Azure username from the Office 365 Dashboard.
  • There is no mailing license attached to the account, meaning it does not have the required mailing folders (Inbox, Sent, ...).
  • The helpdesk cannot access the Azure configuration.
TDM
Engaged Sweeper II

i had the "keeps spinning" issue too after implementing the Graph solution, it looks like it happened when i changed the existing mail configuration to the graph config. i resolved it by completely removing the email account configuration, and then implement it again. seems like something fails to update correctly if you just edit the existing mail configuration

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

Have you tried Mailtester in Lansweeper\Tools?
I used it to verrify that the credentials used was ok.

binaryguy01
Engaged Sweeper II

We are encountering the same issues. We used to connect with EWS, but this is no longer working. I can connect to outgoing mail with SMTP, explicit TLS, but nothing on incoming email settings is working. Any insight will be great. we are missing many incoming helpdesk tickets since 10/11/2022 at 7am est.

TDM
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, we started having the same problem earlier on the day.  Maybe another change was done on Microsofts website?