cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
I have a performance issue with the new version of Lansweeper.
I leave my PC on for night, with LS website open. In the morning, when I click on any LS link, I have to wait about 15-20 sec. for the page to display. But when it finally opens, all subsequent pages will open up immediately or with a 1-2 sec. delay which is absolutely fine. But after that, when I leave LS 'untouched' for ~30 min., the delay problem comes back; it's not that long this time, maybe 10 sec. but long enough to be a nuisance when you're having a user on the phone.
The version 3.5.2 was OK. The problem started with LS v.4 beta which was installed on a different physical server from scratch. I was hoping it's because of the overall poor performance of that server but I've recently installed LS 4 (from scratch) on the server where LS 3.5.2 used to be and the problem persists.
According to your suggestion I looked through SQL 2005 logs, and the server event logs but cannot see anything suspected. I checked Windows logs on my client workstation where I open LS website but no dodgy entries.
LS is installed on W2k3 Enterprise SP2, 12GB RAM, 2 x Quad Core Xeon E5430.
LS website uses windows authentication mode.
SQL Server 2005 where LS DB sits on is on a different physical server, same LAN (Gigabit).
I know it's not likely but from my point of view it looks as if the LS DB put itself in some 'sleep mode' after some time, or LS website 'forgets' my credentials and needs to authenticate me in the background first which takes the said couple of seconds...?
I've just removed AD windows authentication section from web.config to disprove the 2nd part of my supposition but I see no noticeable change.
Do you have any ideas?
Cheers,
Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Before creating a separate AP for LS I ran a couple of tests again (we've been closed for last 4 days) and I think all's working OK now. And I have an impression that the suggestion from the post #8 was the key one; maybe it needed to restart a service which I didn't do on that day?
Anyway many thanks to all LS support team and BullGates!
Take care guys,
Martin

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Before creating a separate AP for LS I ran a couple of tests again (we've been closed for last 4 days) and I think all's working OK now. And I have an impression that the suggestion from the post #8 was the key one; maybe it needed to restart a service which I didn't do on that day?
Anyway many thanks to all LS support team and BullGates!
Take care guys,
Martin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816517 - maybe some process or logging is affecting the server performance, check event viewer for any error messages
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Do you want me to create a separate AP for LS, with same settings now?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Martin wrote:
Do you want me to create a separate AP for LS, with same settings now?

It won't do any harm doing this.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can't see anything special.
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Here they come:
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could post the latest screenshots of your application pool please.
Maybe a separate application pool for the lansweeper website would be better, it might be that some other application is "shutting down" the application pool.
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for the suggestion. But note that I'm not switching between pages with many reports on them. I click e.g. 'Computer model overview' when being on e.g. 'Department overview'. And only the first time takes that long, all the subsequent clicks are OK. Of course the report pages like 'General' or 'Software' take longer than the others but it's reasonable.
Another example is the 'search' txtbox. Normally when I start typing an IP address or a username, it autocompletes almost immediately, but after a longer break I have to wait ~15 sec. or longer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I clicked "General" report pages, I had to wait a lot, because the report for authorized administrators was showing thousands of results, this was due to a change on the Allowed administrators list. where I had blanks on the domain, I've used the "%" sign and this improved a lot this waiting. Check for similar huge results of any report and see if this helps.