cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonHDV
Engaged Sweeper
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to figure out the following problem :

When I try to use the available advanced actions named "Uninstall software (P)", I receive an error : Cannot connect to WMI service on PCXXX

I checked different things :

- I'm domain administrator thus admin_local
- I downloaded the Lansweeper connection test and I have juste got back something like : "path not found ; executable not found" but I read on this forum that it's not worthwhile (I should just make the test from the Lansweeper server).
And concerning the WMI access, it displays OK.

- It works only with my own PC

Help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Simon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately we no longer provide support for the uninstall action, as it has been replaced with the deployment module, which offers the same (and better) functionality. You can find articles concerning the deployment module here. At this time we don't even deliver the uninstall tool anymore with new Lansweeper installations.

If you do wish to continue using the uninstall tool, we recommend:
  • Double-checking that you meet the requirements of the tool outlined here.
  • Double-checking that the user clicking on the action has administrative privileges on the target machine, which is one of the requirements. Instructions for running asset actions as a different user can be found here.

If the issue persists, we unfortunately won't be able to troubleshoot further. We would recommend creating a deployment package instead to perform the uninstall.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately we no longer provide support for the uninstall action, as it has been replaced with the deployment module, which offers the same (and better) functionality. You can find articles concerning the deployment module here. At this time we don't even deliver the uninstall tool anymore with new Lansweeper installations.

If you do wish to continue using the uninstall tool, we recommend:
  • Double-checking that you meet the requirements of the tool outlined here.
  • Double-checking that the user clicking on the action has administrative privileges on the target machine, which is one of the requirements. Instructions for running asset actions as a different user can be found here.

If the issue persists, we unfortunately won't be able to troubleshoot further. We would recommend creating a deployment package instead to perform the uninstall.
SimonHDV
Engaged Sweeper
Hello again,

The lansweeper administrators can't answer to this question ?
SimonHDV
Engaged Sweeper
When I said "It works only on my PC" I wanted to mean that when I tapped the NETBIOS name of my PC in Lansweeper, the advanced action worked and only for my PC.

Thank you in advance,

Simon