cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaka17
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi team,

From several mounth I have an issue with "Basic Action" in my lansweeper web site, nothing working fine, I have always message "This action cannot be run due to a web browser configuration issue." for ping, c$, admin$ etc.

I'm working with Chrome (up to date) and the chrome extension "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" 1.0.3 which is enabled in the extension but displayed in light gray in my extension list (like if the plugin is not working).

Before I used "lansweeperextension_Chrome_6.0" and all worked fine, but when I install it it's not appear in my extension list, so I found only in chrome store the chromium extension.

Can you help me to fix my issue for "Basic Action"? Please have look on my screenshot for extension

Note : When I try a ping or c$ on distant computer directly with my Windows all is OK so I thing it's due to the extension module

Thank you bye advance 😉 ... sorry for my english 😞

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Keep in mind that there are two components at play for Chrome (or chromium-based browsers like Edge):

• The Lansweeper extension which can be downloaded from the links in the below KB articles. This component will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Lansweeper
  • The Chromium extension from the Chrome webstore itself which can be downloaded from the links in the below KB articles.

If one of these components is missing, the browser plugin will not work. Detailed instructions and download links can be found here:

View solution in original post

shaka17
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for your answer @Obi_1_Cinobi that exactly I did this morning to fix my issue and when you answer to me, I wanted to write my solution i found 😉

In fact I had several issues on my main computer ...

1- I formated my windows several mounth ago and I changed my computer name. So I changed information in db and everywhere I found my previous computer name ... EXECPTED in configuration => Asset pages => "Action Path" where we indicate Path where is action folder script ... It is a shared folder so to access to it we use computer name ==> \\your computer name\Lansweeper$\

2- I tried several time to install "LansweeperExtension_6.0" from Lansweeper website on Chrome but always appears in extension pack "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" that's not working fine, so I uninstalled it and installed verison from Google store, same thing not working ...
Somewhere I found : disable (not unistall) all you extension, close all your Chrome session, install LansweeperExtension_6.0 and launch Chrome, enable extension tagged "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" after enable all other. It seems we can have a conflict or troubleshooting between extension ... Maybe as @Obi_1_Cinobi explain when I installed "LansweeperExtension_6.0" Chrome installed also "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" from store and we need both

For me that's fix my issue.

Thank you so much for your informations

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mercedes_O
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @shaka17 and of course @Obi_1_Cinobi now we have two accepted solutions for other users experiencing the same issue 🙂 

shaka17
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for your answer @Obi_1_Cinobi that exactly I did this morning to fix my issue and when you answer to me, I wanted to write my solution i found 😉

In fact I had several issues on my main computer ...

1- I formated my windows several mounth ago and I changed my computer name. So I changed information in db and everywhere I found my previous computer name ... EXECPTED in configuration => Asset pages => "Action Path" where we indicate Path where is action folder script ... It is a shared folder so to access to it we use computer name ==> \\your computer name\Lansweeper$\

2- I tried several time to install "LansweeperExtension_6.0" from Lansweeper website on Chrome but always appears in extension pack "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" that's not working fine, so I uninstalled it and installed verison from Google store, same thing not working ...
Somewhere I found : disable (not unistall) all you extension, close all your Chrome session, install LansweeperExtension_6.0 and launch Chrome, enable extension tagged "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" after enable all other. It seems we can have a conflict or troubleshooting between extension ... Maybe as @Obi_1_Cinobi explain when I installed "LansweeperExtension_6.0" Chrome installed also "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" from store and we need both

For me that's fix my issue.

Thank you so much for your informations

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@pipesk 

Make sure to double-check the Microsoft Edge-specific installation guide. 

Configure Microsoft Edge to run actions

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Keep in mind that there are two components at play for Chrome (or chromium-based browsers like Edge):

• The Lansweeper extension which can be downloaded from the links in the below KB articles. This component will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Lansweeper
  • The Chromium extension from the Chrome webstore itself which can be downloaded from the links in the below KB articles.

If one of these components is missing, the browser plugin will not work. Detailed instructions and download links can be found here:

pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

I've tried these steps and I keep getting the browser configuration error below: Screenshot 2023-08-16 140023.png

I've verified that the Lansweeper file is installed in Program files. And the Chromium extension is enabled.

pipesk
Engaged Sweeper II

I should include that I am using Edge. Our organization got rid of Chrome 2 months ago.

shaka17
Engaged Sweeper II

Ok, good to know !

So maybe it's an isssue from "Lansweeper Chromium Extension" before it was only for chrome and now it's for all chrome like ...

jprater
Engaged Sweeper

I am also having this same problem. I'm on Edge 106. My actions stopped working quite some time ago.